Sunday, October 11, 2009

Our Journey Begins

Adoption. It is a long journey. Kassy and I have decided to blog about our time and experiences through out this journey and I (Brian) thought I would begin this blog by writing about what adoption means to me.

So… Kassy filled out the preliminary application to begin the process today, and even though I’m sick, I can’t help but to think of the life that is somewhere waiting. What is this little person doing right now? Or is this person even alive yet? The fact is God knows all these answers and will soon answer then for us.

Adoption to me is such a noble thing to do. You are changing a life. You are opening your home to someone who will change your life. The same can be said for having a child, but I don’t know there is something great about adopting a child. You’re offering a chance to a child who otherwise may not have had one. You’re shaping a child who otherwise would not have had the opportunity to experience a true family life. Most of all you are welcoming a child into your family and completing a circle that God planned for you to complete.

Jesus said, “And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.” (Matthew 18:5) God calls us to do great things with our time here on Earth. While hopefully we can do many things with our time here, one of the greatest things we can do is to shape life. Life that will carry on the legacy you are creating while you are here and therefore carries God’s will after you are gone.

God has great plans for the Dunn family, I’m so excited! Excited to see, my little girls grow into women. Excited to continue to build a solid foundation with my wonderful wife Kassy. Finally, excited to welcome the new member to the Dunn clan, whom ever that maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment