Friday, November 13, 2009

Our First Social Worker Conference Call

We had a great conference call with a social worker from Holt Wednesday night! The worker emailed Kassy early in the day and Kassy, being as excited as she is, called her right away asking if today (Wednesday) would work for her and we were lucky enough that it did.

She called us back around 7:30 and it was great! We got to bounced all kinds of questions and concerns we had off her and she was awesome answering most of them even before we could get them out! We have pretty much decided that a sibling group is what we are looking at. Kassy brought up a great point during the call of how much it will honor the children and make them fit in better if they have someone with them that looks like them and talks like them especially initially. It is also a great way to honor their heritage and country they leave behind if we take siblings. They raised some concerns about getting a child that was close in age to one of the girls, and that is something we didn’t really consider. It was a great conversation and Holt seems like they will be a great fit for us!

I’m excited! I don’t know how else to put it! Lately I have had a big urge to have a boy. I love my girls but the fact is every dad wants a son. It doesn’t matter to me what he looks like, what really matter is that he is mine! After some clear signs this week, I do believe that if I’m going to have a son, this is how God has planned it for me! So, how can I not be excited for the plan God has put forward? This is the way God has asked us to continue spreading our love and when God is on our side, I know we cannot fail!!!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment